Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sype Connections with 4th Grade

I am so excited that I got the opportunity to talk with all the 4th graders in Mrs. Cheek, Mrs. Bagnall, and Miss Lee's room! I woke up at 1:00 am and called into Mrs. Cheek's classroom where Skpe has been set up. They had the best questions and shared with me that they are learning and reading about China in their new reading series. What a great coincidence! The 4th graders had just finished a writing prompt about the importance of bringing gifts to the host and what gift they would choose. I was asked what I brought to China! I have Ivy Hill t-shirts, STARs bracelets, DVD's about our school, books, and all sorts of district 25 things.

Yesterday I visited a school and gave one of the girls a bracelet. She ended up singing in front of all the adults and had her Ivy Hill bracelet on!!!